Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is conducted every year by IIT Bombay and it is a qualifying exam for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at leading institutes of the country like:
IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur and IIITDM Jabalpur, and to
Ph.D programmes in Design at institutes like: IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
The objective of the CEED is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills.
Validity of GATE Score
CEED score is valid for 01 YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
Eligibility for CEED
Qualifying Degree: Degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level).
GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level).
Applicants in final year of their degree can also apply for the exam.
No age limit for Gate Exam.
Attempts allowed in CEED
Unlimited, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of Times.
PART A – ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT)
PART-B – Pen and Paper based for drawing.
- General – Rs. 2600/-
- SC/ST/PwD* category candidates – Rs.1300/-
- Female Candidates – Rs.1300/-
Another chance (for approx. 01 week) will be provided to applicants who missed to apply within closing date with additional Rs. 500 as late fee.
*The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
Online Mode – Credit Card, Debit Card & Net Banking
03 hours for both the paper.
- Part A- 01 Hour
- Part B- 02 Hours
about CEED Exam Pattern/ Question Paper Structure
The CEED Exams are conducted in two parts.
Part A is Computer based screening test consists of Aptitude based question, Numerical answer types and multiple choice questions. Part B consists questions which tests your Sketching, Creativity, Form sensitivity, Visual Sensitivity, Problem identification.
|Section||Num. of Ques.||Question Num.||Marks per Ques.||Negative Making||Total Marks|
|NAT||8||1 to 8||3||0||24|
|MSQ||10||9 to 18||2||-0.2||30|
|MCQ||23||19 to 41||1||-0.5||46|
Total questions – 41 Total marks – 100
|Section||Num. of Ques.||Total Marks|
Total questions – 05 Total marks – 100
about CEED Calculation of Weightage – Marks obtained
Weightage of Part A- 25%
Weightage of Part B-75%
CEED 2020 Participating Institutes:
- IISc Bangalore, Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing
- IIT Bombay, IDC School of Design (Industrial Design Centre)
- IIT Delhi, Department of Design
- IIT Guwahati, Department of Design
- IIT Hyderabad, Department of Design
- IIT Kanpur, Design Programme
- IIITDM Jabalpur, Design Discipline
CEED 2020 Result Sharing Institutes:
- Srishti Logo Srishti Institute of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- LPU Logo Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- Jain University Logo Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University Logo Shiv Nadar University, Department of Design
- WUD Logo World University of Design (WUD), Sonepat, Haryana
- Central Institute of Technology Logo Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- UPES Logo UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- ISDI Logo ISDI School Of Design & Innovation, Mumbai
- Vishwakarma University Logo Vishwakarma University, Pune
- SPA Bhopal Logo School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology Logo School of Architecture & Interior Design, SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai
- Delhi Technological University Logo Delhi Technological University, Delhi (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
- Vacancy for Asst. Cantonment Planner at Secunderabad Cantonment Board (Last Date: 09 Oct. 2021)
- Vacancy for Project Coordinator at Safetipin, Gurugram (2-3 Years Exp.)
- Ola Electric is Hiring! | Research Intern | Sustainable Urban Mobility, Transport Planning, Urban Planning, etc., Delhi NCR (Last Date: 30-Sept-2021)
- Vacancy for Project Associate at SPA Bhopal (Last Date: 27-Sept-2021)
- Urban Management Centre (UMC) Hiring | Urban Designer | Ahmedabad (03 Positions)
- TUSPL is looking for an Junior Urban Planner, Navi Mumbai (0-2 Yrs. Exp.)