|Post:||WATER SEEKERS FELLOWSHIP|
|Eligibility:||Graduate or Postgraduate degree in social sciences, water policy, development studies, ecology, sustainability and other relevant disciplines.|
|Period:||1 October 2020 – 30 November 2020 (8 Weeks)|
|Location:||Work from home|
|Stipend:||A total stipend of Rs 20,000 for a maximum period of 8 weeks.|
|Last date to apply:||August 25, 2020|
|Language Requirements:||Writing and communication skills in English|
About the fellowship:
Living Waters Museum (LWP) and the Social and Political Research (SPRF) Foundation invite young researchers interested in exploring the water-conservation landscape in India to apply for five short-term visual research-cum-writing fellowships. In India, the advent of piped water supply systems has left behind India’s long history of traditional decentralized water harvesting systems. The current discourse around water governance recognises the potential that these systems can play in ensuring water security with community-led inclusive management. Grounded research and data visualisation are needed to support policy advocacy towards sustainable, ethical and equitable water practices and raise awareness in our youth as future water keepers.
- Graduate or Postgraduate degree in social sciences, water policy, development studies, ecology, sustainability and other relevant disciplines.
- Keen interest in visual-narratives surrounding the water conservation landscape in India.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English (other languages will be considered for translation and communication to local communities, but the primary research should be in English).
- Access to the internet and a computer for research, and to effectively work from home. Candidates must have prior experience of internet-based research.
The applicant must be an Indian citizen between 21 to 35 years of age. Women and individuals from marginalised communities are particularly encouraged to apply
Duration of the Fellowship
1 October 2020 – 30 November 2020
Mentoring and Remuneration
The selected researchers will be co-mentored by SPRF and LWM, with assistance from both the teams in terms of literature review, formulating questionnaires, public policy overview and overall conceptualisation of the final curation of the proposed visual stories.
Selected researchers will be provided with a total stipend of Rs 20,000 for a maximum period of 8 weeks.
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications with the following (PDF format only):
1. A brief concept note (max 500-800 words) about the proposed visual-story outlining the context, the water technology or practice they would like to document, the motivation to undertake this project, and some idea of their approach/methodology.
2. Updated CV
3. A recent writing sample and any relevant photographs they may have been taken.
All applicants are required to mail their applications on firstname.lastname@example.org.
disclaimer: This post is for information purpose only. Visitors are required to verify all the details before applying.
Recent Govt. Job Updates:
- Vacancy for Asst. Cantonment Planner at Secunderabad Cantonment Board (Last Date: 09 Oct. 2021)
- Vacancy for Project Associate at SPA Bhopal (Last Date: 27-Sept-2021)
- Vacancy for Research Associate at IIT Roorkee (Last Date: 24-Sept.-2021)