Statue of Unity is the Worlds tallest statue with a height of 182 meters (597 feet), approx 4 times the Statue of Liberty, New york. Constructed in 05 years of hard work and dedication of Engineers, Artists, Architects, Designers, Experts, and Workers.
Tallest Statue in the World | Statue of Unity | Statue of Unity Height: 182 Meters | Statue of Unity Cost
Statue of Unity, the tallest statue in the world is located at Kevadiya, Gujrat. Its height is 182 meters (597 feet) (approx 61 floors of a building) and it was inaugurated by the Prime minister of India in 2018 on the 143rd Birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Total Construction cost was ₹2,989 crore.
Statue of Unity is dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was one of the prominent leaders of the Indian independence movement. He was the first home minister and deputy prime minister of independent India. He was responsible for integrating 562 princely states of the country to build the Republic of India.
Watch Video: Statue of Unity
Location & Height:
The colossal monument towers over River Narmada, against the backdrop of the dramatic Satpura and Vindhyachal hills in Kevadia, Gujarat.
The total height of the structure is 240 m (790 ft), with a base of 58 m (190 ft) and the statue measuring 182 m (597 ft).
Ram V. Sutar, an Indian sculptor designed the statue of unity. In 1999, he received the Padma Shri, and later in 2016, Padma Bhushan from the Government of India.
● Over 3000 workers and
● 250+ engineers and experts in the statue’s construction
● 18,500 tonnes of reinforced steel
● 6,500 tonnes of structural steel
● 210,000 cubic metres (7,400,000 cu ft) of cement and concrete
● 1,700 tonnes of bronze plates and
● 1,850 tonnes of bronze cladding
● The Structure can withstand wind speed of up to 180 kmph
● It is designed to withstand an earthquake of up to 6.5 magnitude
Constructed by :
L&T won the contract by biding low in 2014. Construction started in 2014 and completed in 2018.
Please submit your Articles/ Writeups on:
For Regular Updates Join Us on:
disclaimer: This post is for information purpose only.
Architecture and Planning Shop: Explore Now
Recent Planning/ Architecture Government Jobs Update:
- Engagement of Apprentices at Airports Authority of India | 04 Positions (Last Date: 31 Oct. 2021)
- Faculty Positions at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University | 03 Positions (Last Date: 25 Oct. 2021)
- Faculty Positions at DCRUST, Murthal | 27 Positions (Walk-In-Interview Date: 22 Oct. 2021)
- All about Architectural Jury and Tips for better marks in Jury
- 09 Famous Celebrities enrolled for Architecture Degree | Famous Personalities who Studied Architecture