Exclusive Online Classes
Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Manager – Integrated Transport at World Resources Institute
|Position:||Manager – Integrated Transport|
|No. of Vacancies:||N/A|
|Institution:||World Resources Institute|
|Qualification:||✔️ Relevant degree.|
|Experience:||✔️ Minimum 7-10 years of full-time experience working as a transportation planner/urban planner in the development sector or transportation consultancy|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Type:||Full Time / Contractual|
|Salary:||Remuneration will be determined according to the qualifications, skills and relevant experience|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Haryana Space Applications Centre (HARSAC)
🔅 Research Associate
🔅 02 Vacancies
🔅 Salary: 54k + HRA
(Last Date: 02 Sep. 2022)
10 Best Laptops for Architects and Planners under ₹50k
Laptops for Architecture Students and Professionals
Manager – Integrated Transport
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
The Manager – Integrated Transport will work closely on several transport planning projects and research assignments that the WRI India Cities program is involved in. The role entails developing and managing transport planning projects and initiatives primarily in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, liaising with partners such as city government, police, state, and national efforts as needed, as well as the work of diverse international partners. The selected candidate will report to Senior Manager – Integrated Transport.
- Develop models to address transportation planning issues across at the city and regional level.
- Design relevant surveys to identify areas of public concerns.
- Analyze and interpret data using transportation planning and traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases.
- Collaborate with other planners/engineers across the government and other partner organizations to research, analyze, or resolve complex transportation design issues.
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use or traffic projections.
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities.
- Analyze information related to transportation, such as land use policies, environmental impact of projects, or long-range planning needs.
- Collaborate with global colleagues to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national levels.
- Manage significant ambiguity with diplomacy and professionalism.
Excellent English writing, proof reading and editing skills. The candidate must also have some digital content creation experience. Reading/writing knowledge of Hindi, Marathi or Kannada and Visual design knowledge/interest would be a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years of full-time experience working as a transportation planner/urban planner in the development sector or transportation consultancy
- Proficient with TransCADD and other transportation planning software.
- Proficient with VISSUM or similar simulation software and other relevant signal design software.
- Excellent analytical and writing and editing skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
- Capability to create appropriate and fitting content for a diverse set of stakeholders within the government and civil society.
- Capability to communicate complex ideas in well-organized, everyday language.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines, manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Basic familiarity with design software (Photoshop, InDesign) is an added benefit.
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Duration: 3 Years
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter/ Resume
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Joint Chief Engineer / Deputy Chief Engineer (Architect) at Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRC) | Lucknow | (Last Date: 30th Dec. 2022)
- Vacancy for Junior Researcher at School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) | New Delhi | (Last Date: 12th Dec. 2022)
- Vacancy for Assistant General Manager(TP) & Dy. Town Planner at Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) | Mumbai | Architecture, Planning, etc. | (Last Date: 18th Jan. 2022)
- Vacancy for Sector Experts and Analyst at Tamil Nadu Infrastructure Development Board (TNIDB) | Tamil Nadu | (Last Date: 30 Dec. 2022)
Recent Private Sector Jobs:
- Vacancy for Associate – Urban Design at Jana Urban Space | Lucknow | (Exp.: 2-5 Years)
- Vacancy for Project Manager at EY | Delhi | Architecture, Urban Planning, etc. | (Exp.: 5-15 Years)
- Vacancy for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor at Anna University | Chennai | Architecture, Planning, etc. | (Last Date: 20 Dec. 2022)
- Vacancy for Architects at ATKINS | Bengaluru, Gurugram & Mumbai | (Walk-In-Interview: 03 Dec. 2022)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.