Architecture and Planning Quiz
Get Regular Quizzes @ Just ₹1 per day
Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
**All Recording Available for Late Joiners
Vacancy for Senior Transport Specialist at World Bank Group | New Delhi
|Position:||Assistant Manager – GIS|
|No. of Vacancies:||01 Post|
|Institution:||Dholera Industrial City Development Limited (DICDL)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post graduate degree at Masters’ level or higher in transport planning, business administration, economics or related fields;|
|Experience:||✔️ Minimum 8 years|
|Type:||Full Time, Contractual|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||As per exp.|
|Apply at:||Apply Link Provided Below|
|Last Date:||16 June 2022|
You May also like:
[Full List] [Week 4 – May]
10+ Govt. and Pvt. Jobs in
🔆 Architecture 🔆 Planning 🔆 Civil Engineering 🔆 GIS 🔆 Internships
Hurry Up, Apply Now
Vacancy at Department of Town & Country Planning – Punjab, Punjab Public Service Commission
▪️ Planning Officer (Group A)
▪️ 07 Positions
(Last Date: 08 June 2022)
Vacancy at Indian Army
▪️ Final Year Students can also apply
(Last Date: 09 June 2022)
Senior Transport Specialist
|Term Duration:||2 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||6/16/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The South Asia Region Context
The South Asia Region comprises eight countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) that range in size from India (with a population of over 1 billion) to Maldives (with 0.3 million people). The region has experienced a long period of robust economic growth, averaging 6% a year over the past 20 years. It was the second-fastest growing region in the world in the aftermath of the global crisis. This strong growth has translated into declining poverty and impressive improvements in human development. The percentage of people living below the poverty line fell in South Asia from 56% to 16% between 1981 and 2013. Still, the region remains home to a third of the world’s poorest, with 216 million people living below $1.9/day.
The South Asia Region: https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/sar
The Infrastructure Practice Group
The Infrastructure Practice Group is charged with developing sustainable solutions to help close infrastructure gaps in developing and emerging economies. It comprises Energy and Extractives (EEX), Transport, Digital Development, and Infrastructure Finance, Public Private Partnerships and Guarantees (IPG). The core values guiding our work include our passion for sustainable poverty reduction, our willingness to put the needs of the client at the center of all our activities, and our honesty and integrity as a common currency.
The Infrastructure Practice Group is in charge of developing sustainable solutions to help close infrastructure gaps in developing and emerging economies. This is done by scaling up investments in critical infrastructure sectors, leveraging innovations that drive impact and promoting integration across sectors and regions at a scale that encourages the participation of the private sector. Our infrastructure interventions make a difference to outcomes in human capital, economic inclusion and climate change, and promote stability in fragile and conflict affected states. There is a strong emphasis on private sector resource mobilization and catalyzing financing from commercial and other sources of development and climate finance.
The Global Transport Practice is advancing the global dialogue on the future of transportation through influential programs such as the Sustainable Mobility for All initiative and the Global Road Safety Facility. The Practice hosts very active Global Solution Groups on the following cross-cutting topics: Urban Mobility; Transport Connectivity and Regional Integration; Transport Infrastructure Management and Finance; Transport Economics, Policy and Data; and Green, Inclusive and Safe Transport. To execute its work program, the Transport Global Practice has established important partnerships inside and outside the WBG, including with other international organizations, the private sector, and civil society.
The Infrastructure Practice is led by Regional Directors leading each of the WB’s seven regions as well as a Global Director for each of the Transport/Energy/Digital Development and IPG practices providing leadership on knowledge and global activities. In South Asia, the South Asia Regional Infrastructure Practice is led by a Regional Director for infrastructure, supported by Regional Practice Managers (PMs), responsible for operations, advisory services and analytics. The selected candidate(s) will report to the South Asia Region’s Practice Manager for Transport.
The South Asia Transport Practice:
The Transport Practice focuses on supporting clients across South Asia on developing transport connectivity solutions that address their needs for basic access, as well as trade and economic integration in an efficient and resilient manner that minimizes climate emissions, local pollution, safety concerns and other negative impacts. The practice is engaged in some form in all the countries of South Asia i.e. Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Maldives. The portfolio includes 28 active lending operations with commitments of over $7 billion that include investments in urban mobility, inland waterways, rail, highways at the national and provincial level as level as rural roads; a rich analytical portfolio that focuses on regional integration, urban and e-mobility, climate resilience, multi-modal logistics and road safety and a strong tradition of policy support to national and sub-national clients. The Practice is a decentralized unit with two thirds of the staff located in the field.
In India, the Transport Practice focuses on: (i) Decarbonization of transport; (ii) Enhancing connectivity and growth through logistics corridors; (iii) Promoting sustainable urbanization by enhancing accessibility, efficiency and inclusion through urban mobility systems, transit-oriented development and electric mobility; iv) Mitigating effects of transport externalities such as road safety and air quality; (v) Preparing resilient infrastructure to support climate change; (vi) Supporting regulatory and institutional strengthening and capacity building of relevant levels of government.
The South Asia Transport unit (ISAT1) now seeks to recruit an experienced transport specialist with a solid track record in policy dialogue, planning, financing and operations of transport sector, with expertise in urban mobility, e-mobility and/or railways. The position will primarily focus on working in the India program based out of New Delhi country office. In carrying out those duties, the specialist will (a) work effectively with other INF staff; (b) ensure effective collaboration and partnership between Government, the World Bank, and importantly with national and regional partners in the transport sector; (c) contribute to ISAT1’s portfolio management, pipeline development, performance and its integration with other SAR projects, programs, and activities as well as national programs, strategies, and priorities; and (d) contribute to projects and knowledge activities in the Transport global practice and in close collaboration with other Global Practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Transport Specialist will lead a full range of technical and operational engagements under the India Transport Portfolio. The selected candidate will be an integral member of the South Asia Unit and the specific duties will include, but not be necessarily limited to:
• Lead or co-lead the development and implementation of transport investment projects in India. This entails the conceptualization, preparation and implementation support to projects, leading the corresponding team in line with applicable World Bank procedures and guidelines. It would include the core elements of planning, design, procurement, construction, contract management, maintenance, and operations, design and monitoring the implementation of safeguards and other cross-cutting issues, including the opportunities for addressing women mobility constraints, road safety, green mobility, expanding the incorporation of the private sector in the financing and/or provision of transport infrastructure and services.
• Lead or contribute to selected analytical studies or Trust Funds, particularly on issues related to urban mobility, logistics and multi-modality, rail, and e-mobility, financing options, asset maintenance and operations, climate resilience, impact evaluation, and generally best practices in the investment, management and delivery of infrastructure and services.
• Under the guidance of the Transport GP Practice Manager, the Infrastructure Program Leader, and Lead Specialist contribute to sector policy dialogue and institutional reforms and capacity building programs, seeking to develop capacity in the pertinent implementing entities, with attention to the opportunities and options to engage the private sector. In this effort, ensure consideration of cross-cutting issues such as, inter alia, social and environmental impacts, gender equality, health and safety, and climate change Contribute to cross-sectoral teams responsible for preparation of policy notes, public expenditures reviews, sectoral studies, and research and policy development activities on the relevant topics/sections pertaining to transport and trade and competitiveness and ensure close coordination with other Bank group partners like IFC and MIGA.
• Actively participate in the relevant Country Management Unit (CMU) discussions, particularly on the preparation, as applicable, of Systematic Country Diagnostics (SCD), Comprehensive Partnership Framework (CPF), County Climate and Development Reports (CCDRs) as well as on portfolio reviews.
• Support the Bank-wide professional community of staff engaged in the transport practice by participating in a selected number of thematic technical groups (Global Solutions Groups or Solution Areas) and participating in drafting selected technical notes in collaboration with other Global practices to enhance the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and expanding the existing knowledge base.
• Stay abreast of recent developments in the transport sector world-wide, in relation to the topics of specialization for this position.
Critical Success Factors:
• Demonstrated ability to spot/ identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to a broad range of technical, operational, financial and procurement problems during project implementation;
• Sound experience of project planning and procurement principles allied with the professional credibility and inter-personal skills to interact effectively with team members, clients and cooperating partners;
• Sound experience of financial analysis and modelling, various financing and public-private participation models with professional background / credibility and ability to professionally interact with financial advisors in the Bank and external stakeholders; • Strong organizational and project management skills to perform day-to-day in-country management of a large and complex portfolio;
• Ability to prioritize work programs for teams, attention to detail, resourcefulness and result orientation
• Ability to lead, contribute and support other tasks as needed.
• Post graduate degree at Masters’ level or higher in transport planning, business administration, economics or related fields;
• Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in the transport sector with a focus on at least three of the following areas: (a) urban transport; (b) rail transport; (c) highways; (d) e-mobility; (d) financial analysis and modelling; (e) contract management and implementation for transport infrastructure investments and operational services.
• Experience in leading the conceptualization and implementation of large scale projects in urban mobility, highways, railways or e-mobility with World Bank or other development partners.
• Experience in leading cross-sectoral teams covering transport planning, financial structuring, implementation, management, maintenance or operation of transport infrastructure projects or initiatives, and with demonstrated track record in leading work on topics including policy, institutional, financing, contract management, climate change social and environmental requirements.
• Robust knowledge of typical sectoral and cross-cutting issues in transport, including sector policy reforms, management and financing of transport infrastructure, environmental and social impacts, land acquisition and resettlement, gender equality, road safety, climate change, and the interplay with digital technologies for enhance transport sector performance.
• Proven ability to function effectively as team leader or team member of multi-disciplinary teams and to resolve conflicts constructively.
• High degree of dynamism and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision. Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
• Strong client and communications skills, with proven experience in providing quality policy and project advice to national and sub-national clients, and in transferring knowledge.
• Publications in transport/urban/infrastructure journals or specialized magazines would be a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Prior experience of working in multilateral development banks (MDB) or MDB financed project desirable.
• Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions.
• Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
• Make Smart Decisions – Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.
• Integrative skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas
• Policy dialogue skills – anticipate needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners
• Transport policy, strategy and institutions – Solid understanding of transport policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
• Operational Project Management – demonstrates in depth knowledge and understanding of transport project management tools and methodologies,
• Project design for impact and sustainability – contributes to the design of projects and programs, based on an understanding of the country and sector context
• Team leadership – leads teams to achieve challenging outcomes, providing a role model and enhancing the team-leadership skills of team members.
Specific Transport GP Competencies:
• General Transport Planning and Financial Analysis Knowledge and ability to translate this knowledge for the practical benefit of clients.
• Knowledge and Experience in the Development Arena – Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; interacts with clients at the policy level.
• Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
• Transport Policy, Strategy, and Institutions – Understanding of policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations that affect both passenger and freight transport.
• Transport Systems and Technologies – Knowledge of urban and interurban transport systems and technologies, with ability to apply knowledge to policy-related decisions and advice.
• Client Orientation – Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
• Drive for Results – Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Shows leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Leads in the sharing of best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Gathers inputs, assesses risk, considers impact and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders over the long term.
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Research Associate at Department Architecture and Planning, NIT Calicut (Walk-In-Interview: 18 July 2022)
- Applications Invited for empanelment as Individual Consultants at Centre for Management Development | Urban Planning, Procurement Expert, GIS, Architecture, etc. (Last Date: 20 July 2022)
- Vacancy for Civil Engineers and Architects at NTPC | Executive (Civil), Executive (Architecture) (Last Date: 14 July 2022)
- Vacancy for Project Assistant at IIT Roorkee | 02 Positions (Last Date: 06 July 2022)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.