Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Program Associate (Knowledge Management) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi
|Position:||Program Associate (Knowledge Management)|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post-graduate degree preferably in Planning, Public Policy, Management, Development Studies or any related field from a reputed institution.|
|Experience:||Minimum 3 years of experience in undertaking research and conducting analysis of policies, toolkits, and frameworks|
|Skills:||Details Provided Below|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||✔️ As per exp.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Extended Last Date:||31st August 2022|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Assam State Disaster Management Authority
🔅 08 Vacancies
🔅 Architecture, Planning, Engineering etc.
🔅 Salary: 70k/1Lakhs per month
(Last Date: 10 Aug 2022)
Program Associate (Knowledge Management)
AboAbout the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously strive to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transformation journey.
About the Climate Centre for Cities
The Climate Centre for Cities (C-Cube) has been established at NIUA with support from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to create synergy across all climate actions which are being undertaken in Indian cities by various stakeholders. Our Vision “To Build Climate Action in Cities”. Urban development informed by climate resilience is important for not only steering the growth towards a 5 trillion economy but also improving the quality of life of urban residents. The centre plays a pivotal role in developing partnership networks, building the capacities of city managers and key decision-makers, co-creation of policy frameworks and strategies documents, designing tools, assessment frameworks, and data observatories, and developing solutions for planning and implementation of climate-resilient project interventions at cities and advocating for local actions.
The selected candidate is expected to be involved with various projects of the C-Cube, including leading and managing particular processes within the Centre. The ideal candidate would be comfortable with applying geostatistical data analysis techniques for solving urban problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The selected candidate will coordinate and support the day-to-day activities including data collection and operational tasks. The responsibilities of the incumbent shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Knowledge Management: Design and Develop various Knowledge Management, Toolkits and Content Management Strategies for the project;
- Policy Research and Outreach: Collaborate with various stakeholders including Government Officials, City Officials, Researchers, Experts, Innovators, Academics and the Industry, to develop the appropriate linkages,/ associations for knowledge sharing exchange, developing productive collaborations and managing them through a participatory process;
- Networking and Partnership: Engage in dialogue with the city governments and other relevant stakeholders concerning urban development issues including smart cities and projects promoted to Data-Driven Governance;
- Representation and Consultation: Conduct community consultations and engage with elected representatives and provide enabling channels to the community to voice their concerns and suggestions for inclusive data observatories.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree preferably in Planning, Public Policy, Management, Development Studies or any related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in undertaking research and conducting analysis of policies, toolkits, and frameworks
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience with City Administration / ULBs, State Government Department, and Smart City SPVs. Work experience in Urban Data Projects /Monitoring and Evaluation projects would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex analysis simply and clearly in a style and tone appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Experience with the organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences with a diverse range of participants would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely to authorities.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments showcasing strong teamwork and collaboration and adjust to a variety of complex and evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
Term of position: The position will be on a contractual basis.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Reporting: The selected candidate shall report to the head of C-Cube.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with project remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
No. of Positions: 1
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Research Associates at SPA Bhopal | Madhya Pradesh | Urban / Town Planning / Regional Planning, etc. | (Last Date: 30 Jan. 2023)
- Vacancy for Architects and Interior Designers at Rishabh Luniya Associates | Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Vacancy for Divisional Town Planner at Chandigarh Administration Department of Urban Planning | Chandigarh | (01 Position)
- Vacancy for Senior Urban Planner, Associate Transport Planner and Associate Urban Planner / Designer at Directorate of Urban Land Transport | Karnataka | (Last Date: 20 Feb. 2023)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.