Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Program Associate (Geo-Statistical Analyst) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi
|Position:||Program Associate (Geo-Statistical Analyst)|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post-graduate degree in Geomatics, Geoinformatics, GIS and Remote Sensing along with Bachelors in Computer Science.|
|Experience:||Minimum 3 years of professional experience in any domain of urban data analysis.|
|Skills:||Details Provided Below|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||✔️ As per exp.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Extended Last Date:||31st August 2022|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Assam State Disaster Management Authority
🔅 08 Vacancies
🔅 Architecture, Planning, Engineering etc.
🔅 Salary: 70k/1Lakhs per month
(Last Date: 10 Aug 2022)
Program Associate (Geo-Statistical Analyst)
AboAbout the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously strive to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transformation journey.
About the Climate Centre for Cities
The Climate Centre for Cities (C-Cube) has been established at NIUA with support from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to create synergy across all climate actions which are being undertaken in Indian cities by various stakeholders. Our Vision “To Build Climate Action in Cities”. Urban development informed by climate resilience is important for not only steering the growth towards a 5 trillion economy but also improving the quality of life of urban residents. The centre plays a pivotal role in developing partnership networks, building the capacities of city managers and key decision-makers, co-creation of policy frameworks and strategies documents, designing tools, assessment frameworks, and data observatories, and developing solutions for planning and implementation of climate-resilient project interventions at cities and advocating for local actions.
The selected candidate is expected to be involved with various projects of the C-Cube, including leading and managing particular processes within the Centre. The ideal candidate would be comfortable with applying geostatistical data analysis techniques for solving urban problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The selected candidate will coordinate and support the day-to-day activities including data collection and operational tasks. The responsibilities of the incumbent shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Anchoring and managing data collection and the geo statistical analysis, as well as working towards research or practice outputs such as reports or papers;
- Proposing and executing quantitative data solutions to various problems across C-Cube research and practice projects, applying quantitative methodologies as well as developing new and innovative methodologies to build a deeper understanding of urban climate;
- Building interactive data portals (spatial data dissemination and visualization) portal and dashboards;
- Developing pipelines to streamline and visualising outputs from the project by using open-source tools and services;
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources;
- Assisting with writing proposals for new projects and helping expand the Technology and Data vertical of C-Cube;
- Consolidating the existing work and quantitative research methods or data visualisation for C-Cube;
- Providing support in project management and other activities including action research, training, building partnerships, operations and others;
- Participating in all activities of Institution-Building; carrying out tasks as assigned, and travelling on work within or outside the country as and when needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree in Geomatics, Geoinformatics, GIS and Remote Sensing along with Bachelors in Computer Science.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in any domain of urban data analysis.
- A demonstrated track record in any urban domain using quantitative methods; or experience leading surveys in the Indian urban context.
- Experience in large-scale city-level data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting. A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Should be comfortable with Geo statistical and coding skills. Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R , PostgreSQL or Python.
- Expertise in GIS Software (both proprietary and opensource) / Google Earth Engine, discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Capacity Building/ Teaching experience would be an added advantage.
- Should also have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, good people management and facilitation skills, and significant competency in documentation and coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely to authorities.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments showcasing strong teamwork and collaboration and adjust to a variety of complex and evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
Term of position: The position will be on a contractual basis.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Reporting: The selected candidate shall report to the head of C-Cube.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with project remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
No. of Positions: 1
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Architectural Assistant at New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) | New Delhi (Last Date: 20 December 2023)
- 78 Vacancies for Planning/ Architecture Experts at Directorate of Urban Local Bodies | Haryana | Architecture and Planning (Last Date: 15 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Assistant Architect at Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) | Himachal Pradesh | (Last Date: 01 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Faculty Positions at National Institute of Technology (NIT) | Calicut, Kerala | Architecture, Planning, etc. | (Last Date: 30 November 2023)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.