GATE AR 2024
Classes starting from 19 Nov. 2023
(Recording available for Late Joiners)
Installment option available
Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Program Manager – State Technical Lead at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
|No. of Position:||01 Nos.|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ PhD/ Masters in Civil/ Environmental Engineering or Planners/ Architects or any other related field (with extensive knowledge of water and sanitation projects).|
|Experience:||✔️ Min. 05 Years.|
|Job Description:||✔️ Details Provided Below.|
|Type:||Full Time / Contractual|
|Salary:||✔️ Remuneration will be at par with NIUA and industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of immediate past remuneration would be required at the time of the offer.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Last Date:||15 October 2023|
You May also like:
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programmes. Read more about NIUA at niua.in
About the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform (SCBP):
Sanitation Capacity Building Platform (SCBP) provides Technical Assistance and Capacity Building, Research and Advocacy input to various stakeholders engaged in decentralized urban sanitation solutions in India. The Platform is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and during first phase of the program from 2015-19, SCBP supported Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (FSSM) capacity building in partnership with credible professional development agencies, nodal training institutes and academic institutions. From 2023 onwards, the mandate of SCBP is growing toward developing actionable training content, innovative learning material, and rolling out courses on urban sanitation for different key stakeholders. This will be achieved by engaging and developing strategic partnerships at national and international levels. In addition to this, the program will also provide support to the state of Uttarakhand and the India Himalayan Region (IHR) for Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (FSSM) and City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) on policy advisory, capacity building and technical support for treatment of faecal sludge and septage. The roles may extend to providing support to states directorate in rolling out Central Schemes and Missions pertaining to Water and Sanitation within the discourse of inclusivity, equity and climate resilience through innovative technologies, affordable citywide solutions and implementation strategies.
More details about the project can be availed on our website: scbp.niua.org
Responsibilities: Would include but not limited to:
- Would be responsible to liaison with officials from Uttarakhand State Government and urban local bodies (ULBs) and provide support for FSSM.
- Contribute to the development and review of technical training content and feasibility reports.
- Lead on-ground technical activities under the project including co-ordination with partners/ consultants.
- Forging partnerships with Uttarakhand State training/research institutes and academic institutes.
- Execution of plan of operation and quality control of deliverables.
- Planning and organizing state-level learning events and conferences and supporting Hill Forum (Parvat Manthan) activities to promote CWIS and FSSM.
- The position shall report to Senior Programme Manager and Team Lead, SCBP.
- PhD/ Masters in Civil/ Environmental Engineering or Planners/ Architects or any other related field (with extensive knowledge of water and sanitation projects).
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of urban water and sanitation at the city/state level.
- Strong conceptual and technical skills related to designing and implementing decentralized sanitation and wastewater treatment solutions are desirable.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of organizations and individuals working in the water and sanitation sector including government policies/reforms in the urban sector.
- Professional experience in documentation and research, and project management will be an asset.
- A person having experience working in the programme/technical support unit of a state will be desirable for this position.
- Technical Proficiency and Skills:
- Supervisory and monitoring oversight for Uttarakhand state technical support team and produce desirable outputs.
Written and Verbal Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Hindi language is preferable.
Location: The position would be based at Urban Development Directorate (UDD) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand with frequent travel to other ULBs in Uttarakhand and NIUA office in Delhi as required.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be at par with NIUA and industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of immediate past remuneration would be required at the time of the offer.
- The interviews will be held at office of NIUA, Core 4-B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date and time.
- Originals of certificates, degrees etc. would be needed to be verified only at the time of offer.
- Candidates may apply using the ‘Apply now’ tab provided on the website itself.
- Application should contain detailed CV and a cover letter clearly stating the relevant experience and suitability for the position applied.
- Applicants are requested to provide the names and contact information (preferably phone and email) of two referees in the appropriate section or in the cover letter. The referees should be senior academicians or professionals of the same or related field, and should have known the applicant directly, to be able to testify about the abilities of the applicant.
- Applications should be sent till Wednesday, October 15, 2023 on the website itself, using the ‘Apply Now’ icon.
- Exact criteria for qualifications/experience may be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
- Only suitable candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for the interviews. The decision of selection lies with NIUA.
- Candidates appearing for interviews should bring necessary portfolios, publications, writing samples, reference letters, etc. with them as is relevant to the position.
Terms of hiring:
- The positions would be offered on a contractual basis for a period of one year initially and extendable for the full duration of the project, on satisfactory performance. During the same, the appointed candidates may be assigned other work related to SCBP or other projects as felt required within the organization.
No. of Positions: 1
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 15 October 2023
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Assistant Transport Planner and GIS Specialist at Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT), Urban Development Department, Government of Karnataka | Karnataka (Last Date: 15 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Architectural Assistant at New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) | New Delhi (Last Date: 20 December 2023)
- 78 Vacancies for Planning/ Architecture Experts at Directorate of Urban Local Bodies | Haryana | Architecture and Planning (Last Date: 15 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Assistant Architect at Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) | Himachal Pradesh | (Last Date: 01 December 2023)
Recent Private Sector Jobs:
- Vacancy for Architect & Intern at Modarch India | Architecture | Noida (Exp.: 2-5 Years)
- Vacancy for Faculty Positions at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) | Vellore & Bhopal (Exp.: 0-20 Years)
- Vacancy for Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor at Manipal University | Jaipur (Last Date: 25 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Research Associate at Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) | Delhi / Mumbai / Chennai / Bangalore
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.