Practice Before Real Battle
Mock Test Series !
(Section Wise + Full Length)
Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Senior Program Officer at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
|Position:||Senior Program Officer|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Master degree in Urban Planning/Governance/Civil/Environmental Engineering any other related field.|
|Experience:||✔️ 4 years|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Type:||Full Time / Contractual|
|Salary:||✔️ Remuneration will be at par with NIUA and industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of immediate past remuneration would be required at the time of offer. Originals of certificates, degrees etc. would be needed to be verified only at the time of offer.|
|Apply at:||✔️Apply Link Provided Below|
|Last Date:||02 October 2022|
You May also like:
10 Best Laptops for Architects and Planners under ₹50k
Laptops for Architecture Students and Professionals
Senior Program Officer – Content Development and Learning
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programmes.
About the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform (SCBP):
Sanitation Capacity Building Platform (SCBP) provides Technical Assistance and Capacity Building, Research and Advocacy input to various stakeholders engaged in decentralized urban sanitation solutions in India. The Platform is funded by BMGF and during first phase of the program from 2015-19, SCBP supported Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (FSSM) capacity building in partnership with credible professional development agencies, nodal AMRUT training institutes and academic institutions. In the second phase of SCBP from 2019 onwards, the mandate of SCBP is growing toward developing higher value of training content, innovative learning material, and rolling out of courses on urban sanitation for different key stakeholders. This will be achieved by engaging and developing strategic partnerships at national and international level. In addition to this, the program will also provide support to the state of Uttarakhand for Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (FSSM) on policy advisory, capacity building and technical support for treatment of faecal sludge and septage. The roles may extent to providing support to state directorate in rolling out Central Schemes and Missions pertaining to Water and Sanitation within the discourse of inclusivity, equity and climate resilience through innovative technologies, affordable citywide solutions and implementation strategies.
More details about the project can be availed on our website: scbp.niua.org
Responsibilities: Would include but not be limited to:
- Develop strategy and promote advocacy towards inclusive and resilient water and sanitation at city/state level.
- Support in content development – training modules, learning materials and innovative content.
- Engagement with agencies for creation of e-modules, online courses and development of innovative learning content.
- Engagement with NFSSMA partners, training / research institutes, government agencies and academia for taking forward the capacity building agenda.
- Planning and organizing learning events and conferences.
- Managing partnerships with training / research institutes, government agencies and academia.
- The position shall report to the Team Lead.
- Master degree in Urban Planning/Governance/Civil/Environmental Engineering any other related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in the area of urban water and sanitation.
- The candidate should be well versed to provide insight on inclusive and resilient water and sanitation at city / state level.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills of undertaking research, documentation, producing learning materials and reports will be an asset.
- Substantial professional experience of planning and rolling out capacity building activities / learning events is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Would be responsible for preparation of final sector reports and presentations.
Technical Proficiency and Skills:
- Ability to work in large team and produce desirable outputs. Knowledge of MS office programmes – Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential.
- Candidates may apply using the ‘Apply now’ tab provided on the website itself.
- Application should contain detailed CV and a cover letter clearly stating the relevant experience and suitability for the position applied.
- Applicants are requested to provide the names and contact information (preferably phone and email) of two referees in the appropriate section or in the cover letter. The referees should be senior academicians or professionals of the same or related field, and should have known the applicant directly, to be able to testify about the abilities of the applicant.
- Applications should be sent by Sunday, October 2, 2022 on the website itself, using the ‘Apply Now’ icon.
- Exact criteria for qualifications / experience may be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
- Only suitable candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for the interviews. The decision of selection lies with NIUA.
- Candidates appearing for interviews should bring necessary portfolios, publications, writing samples, reference letters, etc. with them as is relevant to the position.
- The interviews will be held at office of NIUA, Core 4-B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date and time.
- The shortlisted candidate to attend the interview from other states than Delhi can get travel reimbursement for 3rd AC/Sleeper Class train and/or Bus.
Location of position: The position would be based at NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel to the project area and partner locations as required.
Terms of hiring: The positions would be offered on a contractual basis for a period of one year initially and extendable for the full duration of project, on satisfactory performance. During the same, the appointed candidates maybe assigned other work related to SCBP or other projects as felt required within the organization.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be at par with NIUA and industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of immediate past remuneration would be required at the time of offer. Originals of certificates, degrees etc. would be needed to be verified only at the time of offer.
No. of Positions: 1
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 2 October 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Urban Planner, Assistant Construction Manager and Quantity Surveyor cum Billing Engineer at Prayagraj Smart City Limited (PSCL) | Allahabad | (Last Date: 07 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Assistant Planner and Assistant Architect Planner at Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) | Haridwar | (Last Date: 20 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for State Project Officer, Hazard Analyst, Architect, Urban Planner, GIS Specialist and GIS Technician at Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) | Kerala | (Last Date: 15 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Jr. Consultant, Draftsman and Consultant at Centre for Management Development (CMD) | Kerala | Architecture, Civil Engineering, etc. | (Last Date: 10 Feb. 2023)
Recent Private Sector Jobs:
- Vacancy for Team Leader at Rudrabhishek Enterprises Limited (REPL) | Dehradun | (Exp.: 10+ Years)
- Vacancy for Consultant at AGA KHAN FOUNDATION INDIA | New Delhi | Architecture | (Last Date: 09 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor at Nirma University | Ahmedabad | (Opening Date: 18 Jan 2023)
- Vacancy for Architect & Interior Designer at Modarch India | Noida | (Exp.: 0-4 Years)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.