Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Program Associate (Urban Resilience) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi
|Position:||Program Associate (Urban Resilience)|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post Graduate in (urban/regional) Planning/City Planning/Urban Policy/ Urban Development or equivalent Social Sciences (relevant to urban development) from a reputed institute.|
|Experience:||Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with an ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills and work across a range of relevant sectors.|
|Skills:||Details Provided Below|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||✔️ As per exp.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Extended Last Date:||31st August 2022|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Assam State Disaster Management Authority
🔅 08 Vacancies
🔅 Architecture, Planning, Engineering etc.
🔅 Salary: 70k/1Lakhs per month
(Last Date: 10 Aug 2022)
Program Associate (Urban Resilience)
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously strive to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transformation journey.
About the Climate Centre for Cities
The Climate Centre for Cities (C-Cube) has been established at NIUA with support from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to create synergy across all climate actions which are being undertaken in Indian cities by various stakeholders. Our Vision “To Build Climate Action in Cities”. Urban development informed by climate resilience is important for not only steering the growth towards a 5 trillion economy but also improving the quality of life of urban residents. The centre plays a pivotal role in developing partnership networks, building the capacities of city managers and key decision-makers, co-creation of policy frameworks and strategies documents, designing tools, assessment frameworks, and data observatories, and developing solutions for planning and implementation of climate-resilient project interventions at cities and advocating for local actions.
The selected candidate is expected to be involved with various projects of the C-Cube, including leading and managing particular processes within the Centre. Particularly, supporting the work around urban resilience with a focus on research, policy and planning, and capacity building aimed at reducing future disaster risks and enhancing urban resilience. The candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The ideal candidate should be providing cutting-edge and integrated solutions to India’s urban development challenges by bringing together expertise across diverse domains of knowledge and practice; exposing learners to real-life problems and integrating the practice into academics and research.
The Program Associate will coordinate and support the day-to-day activities including data collection and operational tasks. The responsibilities of the incumbent shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Drive the activities related to disaster resilience by collecting data, researching plans and policies and developing knowledge collaterals on time;
- Qualitative research pertaining to the thematic areas of the Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework, particularly disaster resilience;
- Overall coordination for the collection and collation of primary and secondary data from different state and city government departments;
- Engage in dialogue with the city governments and other relevant stakeholders concerning urban development issues including smart cities and projects promoted to Data-Driven Governance;
- Support the internal team in reporting, monitoring and coordinating requirements of the project;
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination with ULBs, Parastatal Agencies, SPVs and other Partner Agencies;
- Creating a range of outputs (proposals, presentations, briefs) for the proposed programmes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post Graduate in (urban/regional) Planning/City Planning/Urban Policy/ Urban Development or equivalent Social Sciences (relevant to urban development) from a reputed institute.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with an ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills and work across a range of relevant sectors.
- Knowledge in climate resilience in cities and disaster management experience is an added advantage. Knowledge and experience in green building, mobility or air quality will be preferred.
- Should also have experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, good people management and facilitation skills, and significant competency in documentation and coordination.
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience with City Administration / ULBs, State Government Department, and Smart City SPVs. Monitoring and Evaluation experience would be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex analysis simply and clearly in a style and tone appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments showcasing strong teamwork and collaboration and adjust to a variety of complex and evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
- Experience with the organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences with a diverse range of participants would be an advantage.
Term of position: The position will be on a contractual basis.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Reporting: The selected candidate shall report to the head of C-Cube.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with project remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required. No. of Positions: 1 Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Research Associates at SPA Bhopal | Madhya Pradesh | Urban / Town Planning / Regional Planning, etc. | (Last Date: 30 Jan. 2023)
- Vacancy for Architects and Interior Designers at Rishabh Luniya Associates | Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Vacancy for Divisional Town Planner at Chandigarh Administration Department of Urban Planning | Chandigarh | (01 Position)
- Vacancy for Senior Urban Planner, Associate Transport Planner and Associate Urban Planner / Designer at Directorate of Urban Land Transport | Karnataka | (Last Date: 20 Feb. 2023)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.