Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Senior Associate (Policy) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi
|Position:||Senior Associate (Policy)|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post-graduate degree preferably in Public Policy, Urban Planning/ Management, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies or any related field from a reputed institution.|
|Experience:||Minimum 5 years of experience in undertaking research and conducting analysis of climate policy, preferably within an international organisation, national administration or agency, research institute or organisation.|
|Skills:||Details Provided Below|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||✔️ As per exp.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Extended Last Date:||31st August 2022|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Assam State Disaster Management Authority
🔅 08 Vacancies
🔅 Architecture, Planning, Engineering etc.
🔅 Salary: 70k/1Lakhs per month
(Last Date: 10 Aug 2022)
Senior Associate (Policy)
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously strive to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transformation journey.
About the Climate Centre for Cities
The Climate Centre for Cities (C-Cube) has been established at NIUA with support from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to create synergy across all climate actions which are being undertaken in Indian cities by various stakeholders. Our Vision “To Build Climate Action in Cities”. Urban development informed by climate resilience is important for not only steering the growth towards a 5 trillion economy but also improving the quality of life of urban residents. The centre plays a pivotal role in developing partnership networks, building the capacities of city managers and key decision-makers, co-creation of policy frameworks and strategies documents, designing tools, assessment frameworks, and data observatories, and developing solutions for planning and implementation of climate-resilient project interventions at cities and advocating for local actions.
The Senior Associate will coordinate and support the day-to-day activities including data collection, research and operational tasks. The responsibilities of the incumbent shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide analytical support for policy briefs related to energy, mobility, water, waste, urban planning or climate change.
- Propose new or modified policies involving the use of traditional and alternative fuels, transportation of goods, and other factors relating to climate and climate change;
- Prepare study reports, memoranda, briefs, testimonies, or other written materials to inform government or environmental groups on environmental issues, such as climate change;
- Analyze and distil climate-related research findings to inform legislators, regulatory agencies, or other stakeholders;
- Make legislative recommendations related to climate change or environmental management, based on climate change policies, principles, programs, practices, and processes;
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination with ULBs, Parastatal Agencies, SPVs and other Partner Agencies;
- Support the internal team in reporting, monitoring and coordinating requirements of the project;
- Participate in various project-related meetings and discussions as well as be comfortable with conducting and organizing workshops and consultations;
- Drive the project to achieve outputs and outcomes on time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree preferably in Public Policy, Urban Planning/ Management, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies or any related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in undertaking research and conducting analysis of climate policy, preferably within an international organisation, national administration or agency, research institute or organisation.
- Should have knowledge and understanding of selected aspects of the ongoing national and international climate negotiations and climate policy topics (e.g. mitigation and/or adaptation responses, carbon markets and carbon pricing, transparency, climate finance).
- Knowledge and experience in green building, mobility or air quality will be preferred.
- Should have excellent written and oral command of English and any other official Indian languages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex analysis simply and clearly in a style and tone appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Experience with the organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences with a diverse range of participants would be an advantage.
- Should also have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, good people management and facilitation skills, and significant competency in documentation and coordination.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments showcasing strong teamwork and collaboration and adjust to a variety of complex and evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
Term of position: The position will be on a contractual basis.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Reporting: The selected candidate shall report to the head of C-Cube.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with project remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.No. of Positions: 1Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Assistant Transport Planner and GIS Specialist at Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT), Urban Development Department, Government of Karnataka | Karnataka (Last Date: 15 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Architectural Assistant at New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) | New Delhi (Last Date: 20 December 2023)
- 78 Vacancies for Planning/ Architecture Experts at Directorate of Urban Local Bodies | Haryana | Architecture and Planning (Last Date: 15 December 2023)
- Vacancy for Assistant Architect at Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) | Himachal Pradesh | (Last Date: 01 December 2023)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.