Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for Senior Associate (Net Zero) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi
|Position:||Senior Associate (Net Zero)|
|No. of Vacancies:||01|
|Institution:||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|Qualification:||✔️ Post-graduate degree preferably in Urban Planning, Management, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies, or any related field.|
|Experience:||Minimum 5 years of experience in projects specialised in sustainable urbanization, climate resilience and action research.|
|Skills:||Details Provided Below|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Salary:||✔️ As per exp.|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Last Date:||21st August 2022|
You May also like:
Vacancy at Assam State Disaster Management Authority
🔅 08 Vacancies
🔅 Architecture, Planning, Engineering etc.
🔅 Salary: 70k/1Lakhs per month
(Last Date: 10 Aug 2022)
Senior Associate (Net Zero)
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously strive to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and international organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transformation journey.
About the Climate Centre for Cities
The Climate Centre for Cities (C-Cube) has been established at NIUA with support from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to create synergy across all climate actions which are being undertaken in Indian cities by various stakeholders. Our Vision “To Build Climate Action in Cities”. Urban development informed by climate resilience is important for not only steering the growth towards a 5 trillion economy but also improving the quality of life of urban residents. The centre plays a pivotal role in developing partnership networks, building the capacities of city managers and key decision-makers, co-creation of policy frameworks and strategies documents, designing tools, assessment frameworks, and data observatories, and developing solutions for planning and implementation of climate-resilient project interventions at cities and advocating for local actions.
The selected candidate is expected to be involved with various projects of the C-Cube, including leading and managing particular processes within the Centre. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of the Indian urban context and challenges in achieving net-zero with a specific focus on buildings. The candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The ideal candidate should be providing cutting-edge and integrated solutions to India’s urban development challenges by bringing together expertise across diverse domains of knowledge and practice; exposing learners to real-life problems and integrating the practice into academics and research.
The Senior Associate will coordinate and support the day-to-day activities including data collection and operational tasks. The responsibilities of the incumbent shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Drive the project to achieve outputs and outcomes on time;
- Overall coordination for the collection and collation of primary and secondary data from different state and city government departments;
- Quantitative and qualitative research about addressing the gaps in policy, planning and governance about Energy Efficiency, Carbon Neutrality, and Net-Zero from an Urban perspective;
- Supporting all activities in the Capacity Building component, including Capacity Building Strategy and Action Plan, implementing systems and procedures;
- Contributing to the preparation of training material for different training target segments including government officials, key stakeholders, etc.;
- Coordinating with the thematic leads of content creation/curation and managing quality assurance of the content;
- Support the internal team in reporting, monitoring and coordinating requirements of the project;
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination with ULBs, Parastatal Agencies, SPVs and other Partner Agencies;
- Identifying and interfacing with prospective donors;
- Building strategic relationships with partner organisations in the best interest of the institution;
- Creating a range of outputs (proposals, presentations, briefs) for the proposed programmes;
- Providing support to other activities including academics, research, training, practice, operations and others.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree preferably in Urban Planning, Management, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in projects specialised in sustainable urbanization, climate resilience and action research.
- Experience in large-scale city-level data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting.
- Additional preference will be given to candidates having experience in developing GHG Emissions Inventory and specifically for City Climate Action Plans.
- Should also have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, good people management and facilitation skills, and significant competency in documentation and coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely to authorities.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments showcasing strong teamwork and collaboration and adjust to a variety of complex and evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
Term of position: The position will be on a contractual basis.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Reporting: The selected candidate shall report to the head of C-Cube.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with project remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.No. of Positions: 1Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Recent Government Jobs:
- 23 Visiting Faculty Positions at Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University Of Science And Technology, Murthal (Walk-In Interview: 16 Aug. 2022)
- Vacancy for Program Associate (Urban Resilience) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi (Last Date: 21 Aug. 2022)
- Vacancy for Senior Associate (Policy) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi (Last Date: 21 Aug. 2022)
- Vacancy for Senior Associate (Capacity Building) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi (Last Date: 21 Aug. 2022)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs:
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.