RECORDED + LIVE Lectures for Late Joiners
RPSC ATP PAPER!
(With Section Wise + Full Length Mock Tests)
Exam Assure updates regularly on WhatsApp
Join WhatsApp Group
Join us on Social media:
Vacancy for National Project Coordinator at UNIDO – United Nations Industrial Development Organization
|Position:||National Project Coordinator|
|No. of Vacancies:||N/A|
|Institution:||UNIDO – United Nations Industrial Development Organization|
|Qualification:||✔️ Advanced university degree (Master’s level) in Environmental Management, Urban Planning or other relevant discipline with a specialization in urban development and/or sustainable waste management and energy.|
|Experience:||✔️ 5 Years|
|Job Description:||Details Provided Below|
|Type:||Full Time / Contractual|
|Salary:||✔️ As per experience|
|Apply at:||✔️ Apply Link Provided Below|
|Last Date:||15th November 2022|
You May also like:
10 Best Laptops for Architects and Planners under ₹50k
Laptops for Architecture Students and Professionals
Vacancy at Jamia Millia Islamia
🔸 Professor and
🔸 Assistant Professor
🔸 Exp.: 2-10Yrs.
🔸 New Delhi
🔸 2 Positions
(Last Date: 14th Nov. 2022)
Title: National Project Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1352
Grade : SB5 – Local Professional (Mid-Level & Senior)
Duty Station : New Delhi
Mission/s (to be authorized separately, as required): Mysore (Karnataka), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and Vijayawada & Guntur (Andhra Pradesh)
Category: National Consultant
Type of job Posting: Internal and External
Employment Type: NonStaff-Regular
Duration (tentative): 6 months (mid-January to mid-July 2023); with possibility of extension (based on performance)
Application deadline: 15-Nov-2022
TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT OF PROJECT PERSONNEL
Only nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are considered eligible.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. The mission of UNIDO, as described in the Lima Declaration adopted at the fifteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference in 2013 as well as the Abu Dhabi Declaration adopted at the eighteenth session of UNIDO General Conference in 2019, is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in Member States. The relevance of ISID as an integrated approach to all three pillars of sustainable development is recognized by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which will frame United Nations and country efforts towards sustainable development. UNIDO’s mandate is fully recognized in SDG-9, which calls to “Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation”. The relevance of ISID, however, applies in greater or lesser extent to all SDGs. Accordingly, the Organization’s programmatic focus is structured in four strategic priorities: Creating shared prosperity; Advancing economic competitiveness; Safeguarding the environment; and Strengthening knowledge and institutions.
Each of these programmatic fields of activity contains a number of individual programmes, which are implemented in a holistic manner to achieve effective outcomes and impacts through UNIDO’s four enabling functions: (i) technical cooperation; (ii) analytical and research functions and policy advisory services; (iii) normative functions and standards and quality-related activities; and (iv) convening and partnerships for knowledge transfer, networking and industrial cooperation. Such core functions are carried out in Departments/Offices in its Headquarters, Regional Offices and Hubs and Country Offices.
The Directorate of Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Industrial Development (TCS) under the overall direction of the Director General, and in close collaboration with all relevant organizational entities within UNIDO, headed by a Managing Director, oversees the Organization’s development of capacities for industrial development as well as industrial policy advice, statistics and research activities and the Organization’s normative contribution to Member States and global development community in achieving the SDGs. The Directorate also ensures the application of strategies and interventions for sustainable industrial development related to Environment, Energy, SMEs, Competitiveness and Job creation, as well as Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence. Through coordination in-house and with Member States and industry stakeholders, it ensures that the services provided in these areas contribute toward effective and appropriate technical, business and policy solutions and are focused on results and on realizing any potential for scaling up and positioning UNIDO as a leading platform for industrial development in developing countries and global fora.
The Directorate houses the technical Divisions of Capacity Development, Industrial Policy Advice and Statistics (TCS/CPS); Circular Economy and Environmental Protection (TCS/CEP); Decarbonization and Sustainable Energy (TCS/DSE); SMEs, Competitiveness and Job Creation (TCS/SME); and Digital Transformation and AI Strategies (TCS/DAS). The Directorate also ensures close coordination and collaboration among the Divisions as well as with relevant entities in the Directorate of Global Partnerships and External Relations (GLO) and the Directorate of SDG Innovation and Economic Transformation (IET).
The Division of Decarbonization and Sustainable Energy (TCS/DSE) under the supervision of the Managing Director of the Directorate of Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Industrial Development (TCS), and in close coordination with other organizational entities within UNIDO, assists Member States in the transition to a sustainable energy future through the application of renewable energy solutions for productive uses, adoption of the efficient concepts of energy use by industry and the introduction of low-carbon technologies and processes. In transitioning to a sustainable energy future, the challenges of addressing energy poverty and climate change are an integral part of the Division’s activities, as is the dissemination of relevant knowledge and technologies and paths to plan, manage and finance the energy transition. It collaborates closely on relevant and converging issues with the Climate and Technology Partnerships Division (IET/CTP) and analytical and strategic matters with TCS/CPS and ODG/SPU.
This position is located under the Energy Systems and Industrial Decarbonization Unit (TCS/DSE/ESD) which focuses on promoting sustainable energy solutions and infrastructure for industrial development. It promotes industrial decarbonization through crosscutting solutions, such as optimized energy management systems and the deployment of renewable energy technologies. Bringing together the supply and demand side for disruptive energy solutions, both technical and business related, the Unit fosters transformative change on the system level driven by the convergence of key technologies such as distributed generation, digitization and storage. The Unit is also responsible for coordinating dialogues and partnerships at national, regional and global levels to promote disruptive energy solutions and shape policy change for this. Finally, the Unit positions UNIDO strategically in the global energy and climate change forums and coordinates the Global Network of Regional Sustainable Energy Centres and related partnerships.
PROJECT CONTEXT: (Project ID 150312)
This project is one of the contributing pilot projects under the GEF (6) Sustainable Cities Integrated Approach Pilot (SC IAP) program. The program is led by the World Bank that has established the Global Platform for Sustainable Cities (GPSC) (see: https://www.thegpsc.org/) with an aim to ensure cooperation and exchange between all child projects and contributions towards the program goals. The project planned end date is in April 2024.
This assignment is located in the Energy Systems and Industrial Decarbonization Unit. The Project Coordinator will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager at TCS/DSE/ESD (at headquarter), and in consultation with the UNIDO Representative in India. The position will operate embedded in the UNIDO Regional Office in New Delhi.
The project “Sustainable Cities Integrated Approach Pilot in India” (Main Phase) is implemented by UNIDO’s Energy Systems and Industrial Decarbonization Unit (TCS/DSE/ESD), Department of Decarbonization and Sustainable Energy. The designated UNIDO Project Manager (PM) from ESD administers the implementation of the project, with technical support and concrete deliverables from experts/consultants particularly in the field of urban development, sustainable technology, and municipal financing. The Project Coordinator will report and submit deliverables directly to the PM and will work together with the Project’s Government Liaison Manager, national experts embedded in the target cities and other international experts and the UNIDO Regional Office in India.
The main objective of the project is to integrate sustainability strategies into urban planning and management to create a favorable environment for large scale investments in low carbon infrastructure and service delivery. The GEF SC IAP Child Project supports the cities of Mysore (in Karnataka), Bhopal (in Madhya Pradesh), Vijayawada, Guntur (in Andhra Pradesh), and Jaipur (in Rajasthan).
- Component 1: Sustainable urban planning and management;
- Component 2: Pilot projects / technology demonstration;
- Component 3: Partnerships, Investments and Knowledge Management platform (incl. capacity-building);
- Component 4: Monitoring and Evaluation.
The project was initiated from 2017 and is currently scheduled to be completed by April 2024. More information on the project can be found at UNIDO Open Data Platform: https://open.unido.org/projects/IN/projects/150312
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The main duties are:
1. Locally coordinate and support execution of all project activities effectively and efficiently according to the specifications in the project document and Project Manager’s guidance; monitor their progress/completion and evaluate achieved results regularly to ensure that the project is meeting the target beneficiaries’ needs.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Report on project activities.
2. Take the lead in identifying and enabling synergies and integration between project components and activities, including through substantive engagement of the responsible project partners.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Synergies identified and promoted.
3. Develop communication materials on the project’s (interim) achievements, lessons learned, etc. and promote these actively to relevant stakeholders and initiatives.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Increased public awareness and understanding of project’s achievements.
4. Develop, review and provide technical inputs to substantive documents related to the project (including knowledge materials).
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Project-related documents with technical inputs.
5. Represent the project in the country, and in some instances in endorsed global events, and liaise with government officials (at Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and other ministries), relevant urban local bodies, city cells and other stakeholders, in coordination with senior officers at the UNIDO Regional Office in India.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Minutes / Notes of Meetings; Counterpart email responses/communications.
6. Conduct proper, effective and transparent pre-agreed/approved communications with all stakeholders to achieve mutual understanding and desired outcome.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Counterpart email responses/communications.
7. Coordinate pilot project activities and other activities in project cities, maintain communications with city representatives in coordination with UNIDO City Specialists.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Minutes / Notes of Meetings; Counterpart email responses/communicatiobns.
8. Specifically participate in and assist in preparing UNIDO mission/s by arranging and facilitating meetings/workshops, as well as developing reports and minutes.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Mission itinerary; Minutes of meetings; Workshop/Activity reports.
9. Prepare yearly Project Implementation Reports (PIR), required by the GEF.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Project Implementation Report.
10. Support organization of the Project Steering Committee meetings, including preparation of related documents (agenda, yearly work plan, meeting minutes) and presentations.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Workplan, PSC meeting minutes, agenda and PPTs.
11. Liaise with MoHUA Swatchh Bharat Mission Secretariat and other National Missions of India to ensure that the project results are recognized and project sustainability is ensured. Support project personnel and project partners in maintaining and developing intra-ministerial relationships in the project context. Engage with key external partners including MoEFCC and non-governmental entities.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Minutes / Notes of Meetings; Counterpart email responses/communications.
12. Other coordination work necessary for the implementation of the project and support to the development of other environment/energy projects in India.
Concrete/measurable Outputs: Report on activities; Concept notes/PIFs.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
MINIMUM ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s level) in Environmental Management, Urban Planning or other relevant discipline with a specialization in urban development and/or sustainable waste management and energy.
Technical and Functional Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years practical experience in the field of environmental management in India is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the needs, conditions and problems of Indian cities, as well as experience in developing projects related to sustainable/smart cities, is desirable.
- Experience in office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment, is desirable.
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet, is required.
- Aptitude in preparing technically-sound and well-written reports and documents, required.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi, is required.
This appointment is limited to the specified project(s) only and does not carry any expectation of renewal.
Employees of UNIDO are expected at all times to uphold the highest standards of integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity, both at work and outside.
Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for jobs at UNIDO.
All applications must be submitted online through the Online Recruitment System.
Correspondence will be undertaken only with candidates who are being considered at an advanced phase of the selection process.
Selected candidate(s) may be required to disclose to the Director General the nature and scope of financial and other personal interests and assets in respect of themselves, their spouses and dependents, under the procedures established by the Director General.
Visit the UNIDO web site for details on how to apply: www.unido.org
NOTE: The Director General retains the discretion to make an appointment to this post at a lower level.
Notice to applicants:
UNIDO does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Vacant positions within UNIDO are advertised on the official UNIDO website. Should you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of UNIDO and requesting payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Government Jobs:
- Vacancy for Urban Planner, Assistant Construction Manager and Quantity Surveyor cum Billing Engineer at Prayagraj Smart City Limited (PSCL) | Allahabad | (Last Date: 07 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Assistant Planner and Assistant Architect Planner at Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) | Haridwar | (Last Date: 20 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for State Project Officer, Hazard Analyst, Architect, Urban Planner, GIS Specialist and GIS Technician at Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) | Kerala | (Last Date: 15 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Jr. Consultant, Draftsman and Consultant at Centre for Management Development (CMD) | Kerala | Architecture, Civil Engineering, etc. | (Last Date: 10 Feb. 2023)
Recent Private Sector Jobs:
- Vacancy for Team Leader at Rudrabhishek Enterprises Limited (REPL) | Dehradun | (Exp.: 10+ Years)
- Vacancy for Consultant at AGA KHAN FOUNDATION INDIA | New Delhi | Architecture | (Last Date: 09 Feb. 2023)
- Vacancy for Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor at Nirma University | Ahmedabad | (Opening Date: 18 Jan 2023)
- Vacancy for Architect & Interior Designer at Modarch India | Noida | (Exp.: 0-4 Years)
Visit Exam Assure Jobs Section to explore similar Jobs
Disclaimer: The Job posts/ Job vacancies updated on the Exam Assure platform are gathered from various sources. Exam Assure team tries their best to display correct information as far as possible however there is a chance of mistakes. Visitors are suggested to cross-verify all the information before applying.